Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 3 post op

Brody is such a fighter!!!!! His right upper lung collapsed on day 1 so he was out on CPAP... Basically just forced air into lungs to help keep it open!! It worked.... 2 days of baby B looking like darth vader payed off:) his right lung is now open and looks excellent on the X-ray:) his Blood pressure and o2 levels are perfect:) He is still on high flow nasal cannula but that's nothing :) we are so happy his recovery is looking better, those days felt literally like 3 years... We hold our breath for every cry, every alarm that dings, every cough he makes. Now he is resting comfortably like a king in his throne:) We are more than happy with his progress today!! Seth said I needed his lung to recover more than he did... Lol!! He just has to put up with all my emotions:) Yesterday the nurse was trying to put an NG tube down his nose into his belly to start feeds, she wasn't getting it and mama mode just kicked inn, before she could say anything I took the NG from her and did it myself:) I know what and how my baby works so... Well I just did it!! Later I realized I may have overstepped my boundaries but did not realize it at the time, I just got it done!! Crazzy what moms do for their babies:) im in survival mode and just do before I think! Whatever right I got it done and my baby was happy, enough said! Today we are hoping to just let him rest ! He is starting to look better every second! The swelling is going down his chest tube is out ( tube that drains fluid from around his heart) his foley is out ( drains his bladder) and his IJ is out ( line in his jugular vein in his neck) 3 huge steps for baby B!!! He now has acentral line in his left neck that measures the pressure in his atrium of his heart and an IV in his left wrist. The bandage is off of his chest and looks amazing... Little red line is all... He is stitched from the inside so the outside doesn't look to terrible!! Tomorrow I should be able to start giving him the bottle! We are more than happy with this little Guy!! He is the toughest guy we know!!! God is great:) love to ALL!!!!!!! Soo soo soo happy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. so happy for you!! SWEET BABY B!!!!!!!! <3 thanks for these updates!!

    ReplyDelete