Friday, July 11, 2014

Roller coaster!!!

I thought roller coaster's  we're suppose to be fun.... This one definitely is not FUN!!  Brody... Brody... Brody... One day he looks fantastic, he is eating noodles... Then the next day 360 degree turn. I'm almost leary  to post anything positive because it almost like  I KNOW it's short lived. Uhhhhh... What can I say that I haven't already said. Yesterday Brody had to go back to the Cath lab... Cath lab gives the most accurate data.. Better than an echo.. Better than lab data... Better than the screens ... So with that said nothing new was found. His team did widen his fenestration ( little hole In his heart) basically it helps with pressure. The Fontan ( 3rd surgery he had) now has applied new pressures, along with his new mechanical valve. His heart was use to a leaky valve so putting in a competent valve adds pressure to his heart. Catch 22... He needed the valve but now that he has a great valve it's causing to much pressure which is making his pleural effusions ( fluid around his lungs) worse.  Chest  tube that is in place keeps getting clogged because the Fluid in his chest is draining thick. I'm eyeing it like a hawk an I'm sure they think I'm crazy.. I don't care... Call me crazy...it's like I'm at work but not getting paid!! Lol!! For all my nursing friends I will be an expert at chest tubes when I return:))))) Brody did come back intubated ( on a ventilator) of course... But we were able to extubate him last night... Every time he goes under anesthesia it takes him 24 hours to recooperate from all the meds they give him to sedate him. He had to get a new ART line ( line in his artery) but it's in his groin now so of course that's super uncomfortable too. We were hoping to close his chest today but that's a no go... Really no big deal just the skin ... And I love the wound vac... Looks awful but tissue under the black foam looks great!!! Which is exactly what the wound vac is suppose to do!  Pray for his Fontan pressures to come down and his lungs to recooperate! I looked down and realized I didn't even know what shirt I had I under my hoodie... Seth and I have been to say the least sleep deprived! We are now taking turns.... He does night shift and I do day shift if Brody permits. Sometimes.... A lot of the times he won't even let Seth leave the room.  Today is a day... Hoping he wakes up and wants noodles again! Hoping for a better day tomorrow! Kiss the ones you love!! God is good!

2 comments:

  1. We sure hope he starts going the right way. It is heart wrenching seeing and hearing everything that poor little baby has and still is going through. I also feel bad for ALL IF YOU, you have to be totally exhausted. Brody is a tough little guy. Prayers and hugs to ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Our Lord place his healing hands upon Brody.In His name Jesus Christ..Thank you Lord! Sending Prayers from Tucson...

    ~The Haro Family
    (Renter's 8985 N. Twain)

    ReplyDelete