Sunday, May 27, 2012

Brave Brody

Ok...well it's been an intersting two days to say the least...or should I say stressful is more like it. Brody is off the ventilator and breathing on his own...with the help of some oxygen that is on his little nose:-) That was a big one to get off of...but he did it! He wasn't able to cry after the vent came out...and it is so sad to see him make his little face like he is going to cry but then no sound comes out:-( Anyways small potatoes I guess?? Then I thought we were doing well...and he started to be somewhat restless...then he started vomiting....the nurse said he was going thru withdrawls from all the pain medications that he was on then they stopped. AWFUL to see your baby in that state:-( SO they started him back on some of the medications and are going to weene him off slowly.  Always something I guess? Other than that he is doing well, the withdrawls are common with heart babies and a large majority of them go thru it, so this is just another hurdle our little man needs to  jump. His incision on his chest looks much less invasive than I thought...just a perfect line going down the middle of his chest...they said the bones will take up to 8 weeks to heal so anytime we pick him up we have to scoop him up. He will not be able to be picked up under his arms like you would a normal baby...so SCOOP it is!!!!!!  Brody recived a gift in the mail from his Auntie Melissa....sweet little hospital gowns...all the nurses love them because they have velcro shoulder straps and velcro down the front to accomodate all the tubes and wires.....hard to find newborn clothes with snaps...everything goes over their head and he can't wear thing that go over his head becuase it is to hard to untangle all the wires. So I am always on the look out for outfits that snap:-)  We did finally get to hold our boy  and it was wonderful! I can spend all day with him in my arms and it seems like a second...not like 10 hours! Our Charli is up North with Auntie Corrie and some family having a blast....well at least that is what Corrie tells me. I did talk to Charli on the phone and she started crying...she misses us and we miss her....looking foward to her comming back on Tuesday, she is almost out of school so we have some fun activities planned for her next week:-) My mom said she would come stay with Brody while we took Charli out for some fun in the sun! I think we both need some sun...we are starting to look pale:-)  Here are a few pics of our boy on his road to recover!!!! GO BRODY!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU

1 comment:

  1. I was so glad to read the blog just now, I feel so bad Brody had to go through the withdrawals, but am so glad he is recovering, His little chest does look good. Poor little sweetheart, I hate what he has had to go through. I just love his little gown, But feel bad he has to have all the wires and oxygen and bandages all over his little body.Elissa You look abolutely beautiful, amazing with all you have been through and look so great. Seth You look awesome with Your little guy in your arms. I think that is wonderful, that your both going to have some fun with Charli, she and You guy's all need it. Love to All

    ReplyDelete