Monday, May 21, 2012

Day before the Norwood!

The last few days have been quiet...we have been limiting visitors and keeping Brody as quiet as possible, his little heart is working overtime and stimulation just makes it worse. He has been happy with all the cuddle time he is getting from us:-) I am of course loving the fact that we get to hold him. The surgeons are having a conference today going over the plan of attack for tomorrow. Brody boy will be in surgery bright and early..he is scheduled for 7am. Seth and I are going to stay the night with him tonight and hopefully get more love inn. After tomorrow were not sure when we will get to hold our handsome little man again. He will be so full of tubes and wires that it just won't be possible for a while. When he comes back from surgery he will have chest tubes inn and be on a ventilator ( machine that will breath for him) I think the worst part ( all of this is the worst part) but the worst part will be that they will actually leave his chest open after surgery to held with the swelling. The nurse and Docs say it will be open about 48 hours to make sure his shunt is functioning ok and to help the swelling go down. Once the swelling goes down they will close his chest and go from there......not sure If I ( mama) will be able to even see him after surgery...maybe I will just send Seth inn to see him...it is already hard to see him now with all his lines and he hasn't even had the surgery yet! BUT he does need it and I am ready for him to have it. His breathing is fast and its hard to see your baby working so hard to just breath. His little lips are blue but other than that he looks perfect! The nurse put a onsie on him last night...he looked so cute! Funny how a simple little shirt makes me so happy! He looks like a perfect baby that should be at home keeping us up all night not in the hospital:-( Here are a few pics of his perfect non scarred chest...after tomorrow he will definitly have some marks on his tiny little body that will last him forever. He is perfect now and will be perfect tomorrrow after surgery too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and Seth have each other to lean on, be strong for eachother and that precious little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi baby Brody! Kylee, Nolan, and myself will be thinking of you tomorrow. We hope the best for you and can't wait to see your angel face in person.

    Elissa - I LOVE the pics of Charli holding Brody. How precious is that?! Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, skin to skin time, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying right now that the Ultimate Physician will touch Brody's body. I pray that He will guide the surgeons' hands and give them the wisdom they need to know exactly how to handle Brody's surgery and recovery. Father, I pray that you would give Brody's mama, daddy, and sister (as well as all of the family and friends) the comfort they need during the surgery and while Brody recovers. I pray, Father, that you will especially comfort his mama. I can only imagine the pain and worry during this time of uncertainty. Lord, you tell us in your Word that worry is not from you, and to cast our cares on you. Father, I pray that Brody's mama will be able to do just that. I pray that she will allow you to carry this burden for her. I pray that she will allow you to hold her close to your heart as she waits through the surgery. I know, Father, that you can heal Brody and make him strong. Lord, I pray that you will use this as a great testiment to your healing and your grace. Father, I pray that everything that happens today will glorify you. I pray that Brody will grow up to tell others about your great love for him, and your protection and healing. Thank you so very much for the sweet blessing that Brody is. I pray that you will continue to make him stronger and help his family to know that you are there with them. Thank you for loving us despite of what we do. Father, I ask all these things in your precious Son, Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete